30 June 2017

IT LIVES!

OK, well I live. I guess that's good enough, right?

Especially since it's been.....ooooooooooooooooh.......about six months since I've made a peep on here? Mah bad.

A lot has happened. Some good, some not so good. The not so good = massive depressive episode that basically stole my life. After finishing Super Sekrit Project (which is still super sekrit), I kinda fell off the writing wagon. And when that happens, nothing good follows. There's a lot that I've been thinking about, that I'll share as I shake myself out of this weird pseudo-coma I've been in.

The thing that I'm excited most about, though, is the fruition of a different sekrit projekt, one that is near and dear to my heart and deeply personal (no jokes, plz. Eh, okay, one). And that is the development of a line--somewhat by accident--with After Glows Publishing called Cupid's Cafe, which you can learn allllll about at this handy-dandy website I built. I'm hoping this will fill an untapped romance niche full of people like myself who struggle with mental illnesses and want to see ourselves not only overcome the symptoms but also find love in the process.The first two books in the line are available now, and let me tell you, the ladies who have stepped up and taken this project on are AMAZING.



And it's starting to grow more. A third book has been contracted, and a fourth writer (who isn't me!) has expressed interest. That, more than anything else, has been keeping me afloat lately. 

Over the next several posts, I'm going to share a few different things with you guys, and a lot of it might not be pretty. I've given up trying to sugar-coat my illnesses because no one sugar-coats physical illnesses, so why should I treat mine as anything less just because they're mental? If you're on board, feel free to share your own experiences, either here in the comments or on your own blog. @ me on Twitter (@lexcade), find me on Facebook, tag me on Tumblr. I want to know your stories. I want you to feel comfortable sharing them because we all need that from time to time. Want to guest post? Email me at c (dot) peace (at) live (dot) com. It's time we shake off the stigma of mental illness, and the best way to do that is through honesty and speaking our truth. 

Say it with me: I am worthy of love.

'Til next time, peeps.





3 comments:

Missy Ball said...

I'm very proud of you right now. Love you tons, you got this!
And during those moments when you feel you can't keep going, know that you have myself and many others to keep pushing you forward <3

Lori Sizemore said...

Great post! I'm so thrilled to be part of this project. Thank you for sharing your story. I've lived with depression all my life and it was so cathartic to write Roxie slowly come out of her depression.

lexcade said...

Missy, thank you <3 It's been a rough road, and you know that. I'm grateful to you for always being there for me. It's a comfort to have people who know my mind and the asshole it can be and love me anyway :)

Lori, I'm so thrilled to have you as part of this project, and that you've been able to see yourself in Roxie, and to experience that joy of coming out of depression. It's truly a light at the end of the tunnel sort of thing, where the light comes on all of a sudden and then you remember how to live. I can't wait to see what you do next!